CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Inspiration

So, I've been following my friend Beth's blog (http://bethielynner.blogspot.com) and she's pretty darn inspirational! She and I started this 17-day diet at about the same time, and she has been WAY more successful at sticking to it then I have!

I should probably start out by talking about myself a little. I have 2 wonderful boys that mean the whole world to me. Braxton is 5, and Shaun is 16 (oh, did I mention that my friend Beth is my son Shaun's stepmom? Or my "other baby momma" as I so lovingly refer to her). I've been a nurse for 8 years, and in just a few weeks, I'll be starting my dream job in Labor & Delivery after working in ICU and Med/Surg as a staff nurse and manager for my entire career. Scary! Excited! Sad! I'm hoping to start a NP practitioner program in August.

My goal for this blog is to give myself some personal accountability in this weight loss business, and maybe brag about my wonderful family every now and then. I weigh as much now as I did during both of my pregnancies (OUCH!). I will be posting pictures of myself on here, because seeing it in a picture is worth much more to me than looking in the mirror. Yes, there will be bathing suit pictures with all of my fatness out for the whole world to see. If you don't like it, don't look at it!!! I really don't expect anyone to read or follow me...because this is for me. And if I can inspire someone else along the way, great!

 

0 comments: